Saturday, November 2, 2013

#FLF 2: IRON MAN 3

Welcome to week two of Film Loving Friday. Not quite sure it's a tradition yet, but maybe--just maybe it will be.

If I seem surprised, it's because I actually forgot all about my plan to watch and review a movie each week. I really love a good movie, but it's hard to find two hours of uninterrupted time these days.

Fortunately, my mom is visiting and we decided to check out this film with the kids via direct TV. I'll probably finish this tomorrow, since I actually have a spectacular headache. Over the years I have developed a policy of never skipping something I want to do for the sake of a headache unless it is literally bad enough to put me in the hospital.

Because I have a lot of headaches. This one promises to be a classic. My hands keep going numb. That's never a good sign.

However, in the spirit of minor heroics, I better make a few notes.

First things first; Iron Man 3 entertained. I was pleasantly surprised, but (spoiler alert) there we too many Iron Man suits. It fit into the plot, given the genre, well enough--but come on people. Shouldn't the hero be in the suit. The movie is called Iron Man, not Stark Enterprises. The invulnerable super suits seemed awfully disposable.

On the up side, Stark's use of improvised weapons, quick thinking, and partial suits did offer a change of pace from what I would expect from an otherwise unstoppable master of weaponized technology. The more powerful each generation of the Iron Man suit becomes, the harder it is going to be to find a bad guy worth the time of day. (Note to Hollywood script writers: stop leveling up.) 

I admit that taking Tony out of the super suit is the only way to put him in danger, so I give the movie props for that. "A" for effort.

The family had a great time. We made our own popcorn at home, so it was about a $5 event. #SpendingTimeWithFamily #WinnerWinnerChickenDinner

Tomorrow I will take another Excedrin Migraine around 2100 hours if I need to, and think about catching up in the Marvel movie series. I'm pretty sure most of them are now on Netflix.

I still haven't seen Captain America or the Avengers. Come to think of it, is there another Hulk and another Thor movie? I need to get a life. I'm so behind on my movies.

See you all later. I have NaNoWriMo word goals for today, so I'd best get started. See you next Friday, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment