Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fire - Kristin Cashore

This is an excellent book. I thoroughly enjoyed it, even though I managed read Fire before Graceling. My Bad. I am going to read Graceling next. I understand from reading other reviews that Fire is a prequel, so maybe it will work out.

The prologue focuses on the antagonist of the story and was a series of very powerful scenes. My only disappointment with this book was that the resolution of this storyline seemed kind of an afterthought, as though there needed to be a connection with the Gracelings and the first book. The Graceling in this book could have been more essential to the story.

What I liked: the characters, the continuing plot tension, and the extraordinary visuals that Cashore used to build a world full of monsters that are so beautiful they are dangerous. Brigan was an especially well drawn character. I enjoyed the tension between Fire and Brigan.

I recommend this book for anyone who enjoys YA literature and Fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment