Thursday, September 19, 2013

The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman

The Graveyard Book, by Neil Gaiman, has been on my "to read" list for a long time and now that I finally got to it, am glad I did. The story is about Nobody (Bod) Owens and how he is raised by ghosts and other characters in a graveyard. Bod is given "the freedom of the graveyard" which allows him to interact with the ghosts and do many things a living person cannot.

The story was captivating and narrated extremely well. I was surprised and delighted to learn it was read by the author. This was the first Neil Gaiman book I have listened to and I look forward to reading and listening to more of his stories. The Graveyard book has many interesting characters and a good plot. It was well executed and I also enjoyed the brief musical intros between chapters.

A Google search found a lot of great art for The Graveyard Book as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment