Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Scar - Marina and Sergey Dyachenko

This is a fascinating book with a literary feel. The authors know how to portray characters. The book begins very well and I was immediately drawn to the characters, however I did not enjoy the development if Carver (not sure of the spelling since I listened to the audio book version). My chief complaint, and the reason I gave this book 3 stars, was my fatigue with Egert's cowardice. The situations that he found himself in were very illustrative, but I began to lose patience with him. It seemed there was nothing he could do to influence his fate.

I also felt the mysterious magical powers of Lash were a huge let down. Parts of this book were as enjoyable as anything I have ever read, but I felt like I had to work for it more than was necessary.

Awesome book cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment