Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Grave Mercy - Robin LaFevers

I bought this book after several strong recommendations of other writers and agents on Twitter. Fortunately I began reading when I had some time, because I finished almost half the book in one setting, not realizing that it was a fairly long book (549 pages, I think—I read it on my iPhone and Kindle).

Grave Mercy is about a young woman who must seek sanctuary in a convent, but no convent like I ever imagined. She is trained to serve death and becomes extremely dedicated to her duty. When she is sent on her first real mission, she is warned that some choices will be hard and I immediately assumed she would fall in love and then be forced to kill the one she loved. Continuing with this in mind, I was pleased how well it worked out and do not wish to spoil the story. Just let me say it was very satisfying, mostly because the characters were great.

Of late I have been reading more YA fiction and been pleased with the result. I love historical fiction and all manner of speculative fiction, so Grave Mercy was a good fit for my tastes. This book is full of young romance and intrigue. I
would recommend reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment